The world, still reeling from global destruction, faces a new and unforeseen dawn.
The world celebrates what appears to be the end of the invasion, with the U.S. military having stopped the aliens with a nuclear attack.
London, England, Dr. Chapman runs various scans on Caspar, who remains unresponsive and has no form of brain activity. Having lost hope that Caspar will awaken, Trevante decides to leave Jamila behind and return home to his wife, with whom he attempts to repair his marriage.
Still lost in the woods, Aneesha, Luke, and Sarah mourn Ahmed's death, though Luke blames his mother for forcing them to leave his father behind. The Maliks then make their way to a fire station, where they find refuge for the time being. There, they learn from over the radio that the invasion is over, but Aneesha isn't convinced that it's safe to return home just yet.
Tokyo, Japan, Mitsuki mourns Hinata's death from her dead lover's apartment. There, she finds family photos and the compass that was given to Hinata by her father when she was a child. Mitsuki later crosses paths with an odd weed-smoking Monk, who offers her shelter at the temple and explains how he believes the invasion was a test and that the aliens came to take everything they had because they'd taken it for granted. From the temple, Mitsuki hacks into the satellite station and attempts to make contact once more.
Amazon Rainforest, Brazil, a team of researchers discovers a cave and make contact with some kind of alien life form.
Cast and characters
- Golshifteh Farahani as Aneesha Malik
- Shamier Anderson as Trevante Cole
- Shioli Kutsuna as Mitsuki Yamato
- Firas Nassar as Ahmed "Manny" Malik
- Billy Barratt as Caspar Morrow
- Azhy Robertson as Luke Malik
- Tara Moayedi as Sarah Malik
- Daisuke Tsuji as Kaito Kawaguchi
- Togo Igawa as Ikuro Murai
- India Brown as Jamila Huston
- Tamara Lawrance as Learah
- Anamaria Marinca as Dr. Chapman
- Konnie Huq as British Reporter
- Moe Bar-El as Celebrating Man
- Rolan Bell as US Embassy Official
- Yasmine Holness-Dove as Jamila's Mother
- Kaito Yoshimura as Japanese Monk
- Ryan Handley as Japanese Child
- Nichita Tanabe as Japanese Reporter
- Koudai Gomi as Teenage Boy
- Rom Blanco as Researcher
- Angela Harvey as ER Nurse
- Adam Sopp as ICU Doctor
- Michael Matus as Business Man